WE LOVE OUR VOLUNTEERS
It takes over 700 volunteers to make the Joplin Memorial Run weekend happen. You are the heart of our event! All volunteers will receive:
- Race Crew T-shirt
- Other volunteer goodies
- A meal to keep you going
- Our undying appreciation
- Entry into a drawing for lots of fun, free stuff!
Sign up as an individual, or invite a few friends to join you. If your business, club, or organization would like to support this event, we'd love to help you find a place to volunteer together!
SIGN UP HERE
We have multiple volunteer opportunities to choose from over the course of the JMR race weekend. Pick the spot that works best for you, and as the event gets closer, we’ll be sending you more details about your assignment.
- JMR Expo: Friday, May 17, 12-8 PM
- Sign Designs Kid’s Run and Walk: Friday Night, May 17
- Liberty Utilities 5K Road Crew and Hydration Station: Saturday Morning, May 18 (Liberty Employees Only)
- Cable One 10K Road Crew: Saturday Morning, May 18
- Half Marathon Road Crew: Saturday Morning, May 18
- Friday or Saturday Miscellaneous (sign up here if you’re volunteering in a specific area that’s not listed above)
R – Runners depend on you for a memorable event
E – Encourage runners and fellow volunteers
M – Maintain a positive attitude - be enthusiastic!
E – Expect excellence of yourself and JMR team members
M – Members of the volunteer crew only serving
B – Be aware and flexible (situations change quickly)
E – Enjoy the event - bring your personality and have fun!
R – Remain at your assignment for entire shift